Things to do for Xmas –
- Decorate the booth – Check
- Get out the tree – Check
- Find the tinsel – Check
- Where is the star topper? Oh right . . . – Check
- Fluff up the tree – Check
- Find the ribbon and Christmas paper – Check
- Wrap the presents – Check
Now all the preparations are finished, I’d like to thank you all for your continued support despite the weeks when I haven’t posted and through the weeks I haven’t even been well enough to visit your blogs. Ehlers Danlos Syndrome is hard to manage but it is that much easier knowing I have so many friends in the blogging community.
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a fruitful and fun 2017.
Opening my present.
I got a lovely gift at the office Xmas party* this year – an Oroton handbag**, no less! Jolly japes and mischief were the order of the day. Copious amounts of hooch were consumed and a fun time was had by all.
A bit worse for wear.***
*I don’t work, so this is a bald-faced lie.
** Actually something my Grandmother once owned.
*** Not drunk. Just clumsy.
**** This is part one of a three part Christmas themed series. Hopefully. . .
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all.
Photo Credits –
- Pressed metal, naff, Canadian souvenir, moose sign – local garage sale
- Altered, pressed metal, naff, Canadian souvenir, moose sign – Katherine
- Father Christmas hat – $2 Shop 2014
- Papier-mâché deer – Riot Arts and Crafts shop 2015
- Original 1960s Xmas wrap to decorate deer – bottom of Kate’s mother’s wardrobe
- Decorated papier-mâché deer – Kate
- Xmas red spectacles – Alex Perry – Spec Savers, two pairs for $199 (bargain)
- Make-up – Lancôme, Body Shop, L’Oréal (Because I’m worth it – yeah, ok Jane Fonda)
- Strawberry mararoon/macaron – Maccas’s® Australia (Unusually good – Kat couldn’t waste it after the deer refused to take a bite, now could she?)
- Photobooth – Photo-Me, Southland, Cheltenham
- Concept, Christmas jollies and ho ho hos – Kitty
Thanks for visiting and liking my blog!
Once again, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.
Triptych taken in July 2013 for an exhibition that sadly never happened.
Merry X-mas and O-mas, Merry Kisses and Hugs to everyone who has supported my blog, and supported me during this time of ill health.
Thanks for the comments you left on my last post (as yet un answered, but greatly appreciated). I hope to be able to do some regular writing next year. I have lots of wonderful items to share with you.
Seasons Greetings to all, both long-time followers, new followers and casual readers. Have fun!
Father Christmas and friends. A booth pic found online, with thanks to the original owner.
With best wishes, from Katherine.
Thanks to everyone who supported my blog through what was a lean year for posts due to my ill health. Hope is on the horizon for an improvement in, if not a cure for my condition. Next year will be an exciting one, I'm sure.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone. Thanks for all your support and great comments over the past twelve months.
I hope you are all looking forward to the holiday season as much as I am! See you all in 2013.
For my friend Rick’s birthday, I used this same booth photo to create a personalised greeting card to send him my best wishes. I learned quite a bit during that exercise, so decided to once again have a bit of digital manipulation fun using only Preview and the limited tools it offers.
Wishing everyone a very happy holiday season. See you again in the new year.