Yes, We Are Open

photoboothyesweareopen

The Flinders Street photobooth where I have taken hundreds of photos over the last thirty years, the photobooth that I look forward to using everytime I need to be in Melbourne, the photobooth where I have had so much fun, the photobooth that looked like I’d never see again, (yeah, that booth) has been saved!

YAY!!!

I took 23 strips to celebrate. I look forward to sharing some of them with you soon.

photobooththanksmetrorail

40 comments
  1. John said:

This is awesome news Katherine! I’m happy for you ❤💕🔥

Liked by 2 people

• Thanks John! It is definitely a cause for celebration. Where is the Champagne? Oh, damn. Not allowed to drink. Well that sucked! 😆😆😆

Do you think I will ever grow up enough to be allowed to drink again? 😝

2. Quinn said:

I’m so glad! I almost feel like that old photo booth has a soul now. You’ve sort of… animated it. Made it come alive. I’m glad for it and I’m glad for you!

Liked by 2 people

• Thanks Quinn. What a lovely comment. I always think of the booth as a time machine, and it is a similar shape to Doctor Who’s time machine and his time machine IS alive, so it all fits in really well with your sentiments, don’t you think? 🌹

Liked by 1 person

3. oglach said:

Sweet! I’m very happy for you…and the rest of us. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Liked by 2 people

• Thanks Kate! Could I please do a post about your photobooth assignment? I envisage doing a short pice about it and linking to your posts. Trouble is I didn’t book mark them. Could you post the links here?

Liked by 1 person

• Kate said:

Hi Kate! (are you a Kate?) I don’t think that would be a problem at all. There are quite a few posts though, I’ll put the links up.

Liked by 1 person

• Yes, I go by Kate and about seven other variations on Katherine! Thanks for your permission. There is no hurry for the links. It will be a while till I get to them. Best wishes from Katherine, Kate, Katya, Kat, Kitty, KitKat, Katch, Katarina etc. 😊

Liked by 1 person

• Kate said:

https://kateastoneyv.wordpress.com/category/assignments/assignment-2/ this links to everything tagged for that assignment, just click on the heading of the post(s) you want to get more precise links. The assignment topic was Collecting, they suggested a choice of Heads, Crowds or Views. You can’t get more Heads than photobooth photos, and I love how they are always either official or fun, no middle line.

Liked by 1 person

• Wonderful, Kate! Sorry. Didn’t see this before replying to your previous message. The limitations of working from my iPad. Thanks!

4. atrmws said:

The Flinders Street Photobooth
    by atrmws

In the end, it was a question of coins
    More accurately the advent of the dollar
    That big, shiny circle of happiness

Monumental in the palm, the simplest exchange
    For four square, black-and-white mementos
    A whirring, thinking, clinking something

Alan Adler was the photo-man, his trolleyful
    Of cans, the charmer and his chemicals
    Had coloured magic on his hands

Liked by 1 person

5. So it is staying put ?

On Tue., 31 Jan. 2017 at 9:56 am, Photobooth Journal wrote:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Photobooth Journal posted: ” > > > > The Flinders Street photobooth where I have taken hundreds of photos over > the last thirty years, the photobooth that I look forward to using > everytime I need to be in Melbourne, the photobooth where I have had so > much fun, the photobooth that looked l” > > > > > > > > > >

Liked by 1 person

6. Meags Fitzgerald said:

Hooray! Very glad for you!

Liked by 2 people

• Yes! Thanks so much Ted. I am so happy about it! I will send you some strips from Monday in Messenger. A special sneak preview, just for you. 😊💓

Liked by 1 person

7. Congratulations. It’s a bit the British Telecom red phone cabins that they don’t know what to do with now. Those should be saved. 🙂 I was trying to visualize the photo booths in the French Metro… Last time I used one, they had been massively revamped, and none for the better…

Liked by 1 person

• There has been. Particularly in the second half of the 20th century. Medicine for instance. The enormous growth of China. But other areas are at a standstill. A shame.

Liked by 1 person

8. Sorry Damian, I didn’t register who made your comment above. I was on autopilot. It would be great if you could do some more strips as the basis for your art. Even though there has been a reprieve, it is still only a matter of time before the owner retires. He is in his eighties now. I think! 💭 🤔

9. If only a photoboot could speak, it would tell so much stories. Glad for you for still having it. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s